The weekend was great! Low-key, but lots of fun. 🙂
Saturday morning we wanted to be lazy, so we made up some waffles and lounged on our porch. So relaxing!
(inspired by 101cookbooks.com)
Makes 6 waffles
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon natural cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon aluminum-free baking powder
- scant 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Then, mix the wet ingredients in a bowl and pour into the dry ingredients. Mix well, but do not over mix.
Preheat your waffle iron, then scoop the batter onto the iron by the ladelful.
Cook until the light goes off (or at least that is how long on our waffle iron!) and slightly browned.
This recipe made 6 full waffles.
I served myself 2 waffles with a thin spread of almond butter, a champagne mango chopped up and a drizzle of maple syrup.
With iced coffee.
They were delicious!