I headed to the gym after work (I love Friday nights when I have nothing to do) and had a super workout. I started with weights and then moved to the treadmill for a tempo run. Here’s what I did:
Upper Body Weights (30 minutes, circuit style)
- 21’s (10 lb weights, 3 sets)
- Overhead press (10 lb weights, 3 sets of 12)
- Fly’s (7.5 lb weights, 3 sets of 12)
- Front raises (7.5 lb weights, 3 sets of 12
- Lunges (3 sets of 12, 10 lb weights,alternating legs)
- Tricep dips on bench (3 sets of 12)
- V-ups (3 sets of 12)
- Squats (7.5 lb weights, 3 sets of 12)
- Hammer curl (7.5 lb weights, 3 sets of 12)
- Chest press (12.5 lb weights, 3 sets of 12)
- Crunches (3 sets of 12)
- Bicycles (25 sets)
- Tricep kickbacks (7.5 lb weights, 3 sets of 12)
- Deadlifts (10 lb weights, 3 sets of 12)
- Upright rows (10 lb weights, 3 sets of 12)
6 Mile Tempo Run
- Mile 1 – 9:30
- Mile 2 – 9:00
- Mile 3 – 8:30
- Mile 4 – 8:00
- Mile 5 – 7:30
- Mile 6 – 9:13
- Total = 51:47
What a workout!
Before my workout I snacked on a Clif Mojo Mountain Mix bar.
I had never had one of these before, but I was excited when I opened it because of all of the chunks of stuff in the bar!
It was ok, but I didn’t love it. It did the trick for my workout though.
Once I got home, I was famished! Time to cook something up with random stuff in our fridge – that is exactly what I did. It was a crazy, but great mix!
Crazy Cabbage Stir-fry
- 1/2 head green cabbage
- 1/4 head purple cabbage
- 1 orange pepper
- Juice from 1 orange
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 cup cooked wheatberries
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
I chopped up the cabbage and pepper into bite size pieces.
Then, heated the cabbage over medium high heat with a dash of olive oil.
Once heated through and wilted a bit, I added the pepper, salt and pepper, thyme and orange juice.
I had cooked wheatberries in the fridge, so I just nuked them in the microwave for a minute until warm. I put the cooked cabbage on a plate and topped it with the wheatberries, raisins and peanuts.
Served with Trader Joe’s herb flatbread.
And, white wine.
It was an all around great quick meal for a Friday night at home!